keskiviikko 25. marraskuuta 2015

Day 39- Vintage and silk

On Tuesday at work I repaired one dress, cause there was a hole near the shoulder seam. So I unpicked the seam, I set the runaway threads between the seam, added just a bit of a glue and sewed the seam together. Then I made a very beautiful detail to one of the new dresses. I cut the lace edge from fabric and sewed it to the lining of the dress, so that it shows under the main fabric in the hem.
I was facing a bit of a challenge with attaching the lace to the lining, cause the fabric was stretching and the lace wasn't that much, but I managed to get them together nicely.
a cute kids dress at the studio

hole in the fabric

repaired seam


cutting the hem


lace trimming (cut out from fabric)


sewing the lace to the hem of the lining




shoulders need some alterations

Brixton Road about 6pm

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti