tiistai 3. marraskuuta 2015

Day 18- Just working

I noticed something on the way work today, it really made me think. When I walk to work from the Oval-tube station, I walk trough the Kennington park. There's a church in the middle of the park, and there was a recycling container looking box next to the walking path. The container said: ''Get a life, bin the knife''. I've heard that there happens a lot of assaults in Brixton, mainly stabbings. 

The container was meant for the criminal to really get rid of their knives. I still don't think that many of stabbers go and throw their knives away and become ''better citizens''. But the sad truth is that there happens too many of those kind of crimes against innocent people...


And about my workday, I finished editing the dress where the lace was stretched in the front and the back. So that is now done and I can say that I learned to work better with the lace and also my patience was put to test :D The main thing is that I ended up being happy with the outcome.

front of the dress

back

copying patterns from the old lining


view from the workshop


the dress is done!
 I also made some alteration to the top which I finished earlier. It was actually too tight on the bust and the sleeves were too long for the real design. So I continued working on the patterns and the I'll make new top for a sample and the another one for a customer to wear on her wedding.
making adjustments for the top

altering pattern


cutting new top from changed patterns

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti