torstai 22. lokakuuta 2015

Day 8- Working and loving the city!

Greetings from London again.. :) First about my work today. Today I started making a top piece for one of the wedding dresses. Before, I think yesterday I made the bottom (skirt) a little smaller from the waistline. So now I am working on the top. I also organized some kid's patterns. 

I am very happy that I can work on this wedding dress. I am learning so much about it, and it is important to do thing that I haven't done before. It's a V-neck dress, lining is Viscose, outer fabric is some kind of a crepe silk. There is flowers sewn in the hem made of the same fabric as the dress. Later I will add the more flowers to make it look fuller and better.

Here are pictures while making the dress:

the lining patterns for the top of the dress

sewing the bust darts

pattern for the front piece gathering

very fragile fabric,,

pieces of the top 

almost there..






Today was a very nice day in many ways. I really enjoyed going to work, working, going back home and buying some food from the local store. I am starting to like London a lot. All the people are so kind, weather is just right for me, there is millions of places to shop and something interesting is happening all the time.

I also found a store today near my home where I got this prepaid sim-card for my phone. Now I have a 4G connection on my phone all the time. I love it, cause then I can track where I am if I get lost and it is so useful in many other ways too. It's totally been weird to live here without internet on my phone when I'm not home using my wifi. So it gets easier now to be connected with friends and family. :)

walking to the tube station from work
Old Hall Tavern next to my home here
The weekend is coming soon. I guess I will go shopping on weekend, finding the gym, visiting V&A museum (Victoria & Albert) and just chill and enjoy being one of the Londoners! :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti