keskiviikko 21. lokakuuta 2015

Day 7- Learning new things

Where should I start.. Today my work started at 10 am as usual, but I was late because of transportation problems. Anyways I got to work 10 past 10 and started to sew by hand to finish the zipper with lace which I did yesterday. 

After that I made a french seam to replace normal ones in one of the sample dresses. It was something that I have never done to so fragile material, so I this time I really felt like I learned something useful. 

Then I shortened one invisible zip. It was also very useful for me to do. At the time I feel like I am a little rusty in sewing clothes, since I haven't done it properly for a while. But I know I will get back on track very quickly. And hey, It was my third day at work, but I'm feeling good about this internship. 

staring out from the beautiful window

sewing the unpicked holes on the waist line

too long zip..


shortened zip


In the picture above, I started making this dress, or actually it is half done. It needs a lot of modifying and new pieces as well. First I started with shrinking the waist line a bit, cause it is too big for the certain size (10). So that project continues tomorrow.. :)

rules to live by.. 

Today I met my boss, Minna Hepburn. We talked about my internship and she told me that I'm going to learn a lot of things. Well, that's the main thing I am expecting now. Minna is very easy-going as the other British people, but she seems very busy all the time, no surprise I think. 

Like I said I am feeling good about this internship, but today particularly I've been thinking what I really want to do in the future. Mainly a spot for studying in college/university has been on my mind. I have though about studying business and later on combine it with the fashion industry. These are big decisions, so it is good to have this gap year after I graduated this spring. 

Today I had an idea to make a some kind of vocabulary here on my blog about the common words used in my work (or any other clothing related work). So that will be on my blog this week and I will update it all the time during I'm in London. :)


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti