perjantai 16. lokakuuta 2015

Day 2- Getting to know the city

Today I woke up about 9 o'clock and cooked some breakfast. It was a little bit different breakfast than what I normally have in Finland. So I ate cereal, white bread and eggs.. 

Then I went to the nearest supermarket which is called Sainsbury's, it's the nearest market from my house (about 10mins walk). I was very surprised by the fact that it is so warm outside! I felt stupid, cause I have packed too warm clothes with me :D The food here is in the same prices than in Finland. I was relieved, when I found whole grain bread from the store. It is called ''German bread''..or something.

found some ice cubes, think I'm gonna buy them next time xD

Here is some more pictures from the house I'm living in:





Mr. Biscuit is also living with me





Later when I had my lunch, I went to the city center. I took a bus from our house and then underground. It's very simple to move around here. Buses and trains come and go all the time just within few minutes. 

First I went to Oxford Circus. And I could not walk there without hearing people talk Finnish. I walked along Oxford street and then I found the China town! It was very tempting to go eat some Chinese food..






































I didn't take pictures for a while, cause I went shopping. I found myself from Primark buying high heels :'D. The Primark was a mad place, it was so full of people and all that Christmas stuff..!

Later, when I was too tired to shop anymore, I went to see the London Bridge and of course the Thames river.








I walked nearby the river and crossed one of the bridges. There was many bars full of people and it was about 6:30pm. Maybe they gathered together to watch soccer. 

It was a long day exploring the city. I left back home about 7pm. I chose a new way home. First I took underground, Northern Line from Bank to Euston, then I had to change to Victoria Line to get to Walthamstow Central. 


From Walthamstow I took a bus to Chingford. There was about 20 different buses at the same station, so I needed to find the right one. There was about 5 buses going to Chingford. I didn't know which one was the right one to get home, so I had to trow the dice since I did not have any maps of the area or internet connection on my phone.
 I went to one of the buses and tried to see from the windows where should I get off. And it didn't help me that it was dark already and every street looked the same because of the same-looking houses. 
Anyways, after a while I got off from the bus and luckily I was pretty close to my house. I even asked some woman about the street where I live. Then I just walked home and in about every other corner I smelled cannabis. Hmm.. very nice indeed. 

Now I'm back home and I'll continue unpacking my luggage. I have no plans for tomorrow yet, but there sure is a lot to do.

3 kommenttia:

  1. Elluu... Itken täällä verta! Mut oon niin ylpee susta ku selviydyt siellä suurkaupungissa yksin! Lasken jo päiviä kun taas nähään... Lontoossa :P

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Mäki odotan, että tuut tänne mun kaa seikkailee! ;)

      Poista
  2. Kirjoittaja on poistanut tämän kommentin.

    VastaaPoista