perjantai 30. lokakuuta 2015

Day 14- Fridayyy!

Friday... started with a nice rain, but it doesn't bother me, right? No. I went to work about 11 am today. I've been so glad that there has not been crazy traffic when I'm on my way to work. Although when I come home in the evening, the tube is totally packed up with people (seriously there is no room to move at all).

view from my window in the morning
cute/insane wolves at our studio..
 Today at our studio I made this sample lace top. It is just lace and lace trimming on the neckline. It's part of the Indie bride-collection, which is other Minna's bridal brands. All the seams in the top are french seams, so definitely got some training doing them. I don't have much experience in lace fabrics, so it was challenging in a good way to make this garment. 


Making the french seam:

1. sew (right side up) about 0,5 cm from the edge

2. turn around the seam and steam. Then sew again 0,5 cm from the edge


3. ready made seam, this is the side seam :)


about to add some lace trimming,,

almost ready. (just silk finishing needs to be added to the neckline)

front

back

neckline and separate lace trimming
 That's it about today. Tomorrow I planned to go to different fabric stores.. so I hope tomorrow will be very inspiring day for me. I have few design's in my head that I want to implement :) And what place would be better than London to find the perfect fabrics for them? I will let you know if I found the fabrics of my dreams.. 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti