tiistai 20. lokakuuta 2015

Day 6- Finalizing the veil

Today I started work again at 10 am. The Studio is open from Monday to Saturday 10 am-6 pm. I started my day with finalizing the veil I started yesterday. It turned out to be very pretty, so we decided to send it to a customer. When I was making the veil, I had no idea that it would be sent to a customer. So I am very excited that someone is going to wear it on her wedding, the veil I made. And it was the first veil I have ever done. <3

cutting the edges of the veil
So I didn't take a picture of the ready veil. But I will make a lot of veil in the future, so pictures are coming :) Here's example what it looked like:

Then I draw few patterns (making just some modifications) for a long dress with sleeves and draping in the front. 

Making patterns..



the sewing machine 
Today I also finished replacing the old, broken zipper to one of the bridal dress samples. Then I needed to sew lace bands to the zipper's edges like in the pictures below. It was quite tricky first (cause I'm not one of the most patient persons), but I managed to make it proper after sewing it all over again few times. But practice makes perfect, right? ;) And in the end of the day I enjoyed sewing really precise.





Tomorrow I will meet Minna Hepburn and when she finally comes to visit London. Today I enjoyed the most making patterns/copying them and making alternations. I find it very therapeutic to draw patterns and cut them very carefully (maybe it has something to do with the fact that I love geometrics).





Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti