sunnuntai 25. lokakuuta 2015

Day 10- Victoria & Albert museum

So... Today I finally went to the Victoria and Albert museum. I took a bus from home and went to South Kensington's station by tube. And I have to mention that today was brilliant weather! The sun was shining and no rain at all :)


I had to see the shoe exhibition, cause if you did not know, I love shoes (high heels especially). Anyways, the exhibition cost 12£ and it was arranged in to floors. The exhibition was nice, tho it would have been larger. There was about 200 pairs of shoes from the ancient Egypt to today. There were some pairs worn or associated by Sarah Jessica Parker (from Sex & the City), Marilyn Monroe and Queen Victoria.

Besides all of the shoes on display, there was also shown how shoes are made from sketching to giving the shoe a final touch. And there was interview's about designing and making shoes. For example Christian Louboutin and Manolo Blahnik were interviewed. 


http://wsimag.com/fashion/12433-shoes-pleasure-and-pain
I wasn't allowed to take pictures of the shoes. So I don't have my own pics about the actual exhibition. But my favorite pair must be one of the Christian Louboutin's or Prada's. 

Shoes: Pleasure and Pain exhibition at the V&A
PRADA shoes. http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/news/fashion/2015/06/shoes-pleasure-and-pain-exhibition-review-victoria-and-albert-museum
PREVIEW: Shoes: Pleasure and Pain at the V&A
LOUBOUTIN <3 http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/news/fashion/2015/06/shoes-pleasure-and-pain-exhibition-review-victoria-and-albert-museum
the museum was huge!


Before seeing all the shoes, I checked out the fashion exhibition about clothing from early history to modern garments. Here are some pics from the fashion exhibition: 




60's accessories

the black dress is awesome! would definitely wear it :)

origami gown


someone was drawing the statues on the main hall..
 And the last thing I went to see was a British history about the furniture. Here are my favorite pieces of the collection:



OMG! ICE <3



I walked out of the museum and found Harrods. Then I went to the underground station and went back home. Tomorrow I'll go back to work at 11 am so in the next blog post I will let you know what I did at work :)







Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti