maanantai 19. lokakuuta 2015

Day 5- First day at work

Today was my first day at Minna's studio. I arrived work at 10 o'clock. Minna's studio is in an old church. The atmosphere there is historic and vintage-like at the same time. The workshop and the studio smells a bit like an old wood and fine lace. Decoration is romantic and as if u were in an old barn, because of the cow on the floor and the ceiling.

First my coworker showed me places and then I started my day by making a veil. I cut a lace flowers and circles out of the silk and cotton fabrics. Then I finished the flowers with beads, made the veil's frame from wire and wrapped silk around it. Tough the veil isn't ready yet, it need the mesh fabric, which descends back. 

my version..

the sample of the veil


making of

the veil's frame
Another thing that I did today was changing invisible zipper to one dress. That work is still on it's way, so I'll post a pictures of it tomorrow. 

Here's pictures from the studio and the office/workshop:













I left work about 6 o'clock. It was nice to see how the company works. There was two freelancers with me (also from Finland, but they are living in London), one trainee from British University, she studies fashion design and technology. It was very interesting to talk about London with them and how they are used to sew, make patterns and how the whole project from designing to finishing the product goes. 

I believe that I will enjoy working there just fine. Today was just a typical Monday, and I need to get used to all the traffic and rush. 

thanks for reading! :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti