sunnuntai 18. lokakuuta 2015

Day 4- British Museum and Louis Vuitton





Hello again! Today was a very interesting day in many ways. I went to the British Museum, shopping and to Louis Vuitton exhibition.

 First in the morning I went to the retail park near my house to get some kind of a sim card for my phone. Unfortunately I could'nt get it because I don't have a british debit-card. So I think I have to find a prepaid for my phone. I really would like to have and internet connection on my phone elsewhere than home. 

Then I went to the British museum about 12 o'clock and stayed there almost for two hours. I don't even know if I saw everything in the whole museum. but I got a little bored about all the statues and tiny coins etc. The most interesting things where in the Ancient Egypt area. It's very fascinating to see the mummies and sarcophagi's.

Here's some pictures I took from the museum:









outside the museum





inside the museum
where are the noses? :D



an old clock

insect made from parts of weapons

African heads

African hats

Shiva

Chinese art




After the museum tour I just had to go shopping.. I walked to the Oxford street and then to Regent street. 

cute mannequins at New Look


Victoria's secret!
So I then I had enough of shopping.. The other day when I went through some underground station, I saw this commercial:

It's and Louis Vuitton exhibition, sounds interesting!
The exhibition was open for the last day, of course I had to see it! I walked down the Oxford street and then along the Strand. When I got to the exhibition place, the was a huge line for the doors. I though this must be something special if people are willing to wait that long. 

I stepped into the line and waited about 15 minutes. 
On the line some Indian guy started to talk to me. We talked about Finland, London, fashion, Toronto (he was from Canada) and Louis Vuitton. He's accent was a little hard to understand but we managed to maintain a conversation. 

Finally I got in and there was a lot of very interesting things to see. First of all I was amazed by seeing how the Louis Vuitton bags are made in real life. There was a woman, artisan like me, who showed us how the bags are really made by hand. To make one bag it takes about 30 hours, team of 7 people and high quality supplies. 













I got this poster with me when I left :)

the artisan, who makes bags for LV
I also took videos about the exhibition and when making the bags, but I wasn't able to load them here on my blog. I hope I'll get them here somehow.

 My work starts tomorrow, it will be even more exciting day than today! :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti