torstai 29. lokakuuta 2015

Day 13- Photos and patterns

Today was a really lovely day. I went to work again at 10 o'clock and finished around 6 pm. I've been always happy going to work. I like the atmosphere at work and the people are so nice and the best thing may be that I learn something new everyday. 

Since I started working at Minna's studio last week's Monday, I've learned about different ways to make pattern, how to sew many types of details in accessories, dresses and skirts. Also it has been interesting to see how the company works; with the costumers, ordering the supplies, designing as a team and how they are used to sew garments in their own unique way.

view from the bus

so pretty lace sleeve!
This Thursday at work I started with steaming some of the sample dresses we try on to the clients. I also changed some of the labels from Minna-labels to Indiebride-labels (Minna's other collection of bridal dresses) and repaired some parts too (hems and stuff).

many dresses..

dress I'm about to adjust a little

head pieces, made by another intern

bird on our lamp :)
About lunch time I started to make new patterns for one of the Indiebride-labels top. The current patterns are too large for the medium-size clothing. So what I need to do is just make the patterns smaller and make a new sample about the top and later sew another for a customer with her own measurements.

pattern making about to start..

almost ready patterns for a crop top (editing needed)

the bust dart

starting to unpick this dress

pic from our studio/dressing room

where the fitting happens
In addition I started to unpick one of the dresses and later I'll make a new lining for the dress (also new patterns has to be made for the lining). Then I cleaned the studio, went to post office to send a few parcels and we also had photo shoot today because the new veil is here! Eliza veil :)

https://instagram.com/minna_hepburn/ Me and the new veil
I have now spent two weeks in London and it is hard to write here clearly about all the things I've experienced here. A lot is happening all the time around the city and I can say that this culture is much different than in Finland, but it has it's similarities too. 
 
One day I will definitely return to London whether it would be for a holiday, school or work. And I feel do good about speaking english all the time. The language seems to fit me well and I understand english better and better everyday and they seem to get me too (which is amazing :)). 

Untill tomorrow, bye!
 .

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti